Caring for your Door
We offer a limited ten-year warranty on all our doors within our T&Cs. Any Deanta door that warps* or splits will be covered by our warranty once it has been deemed that the installation has met all guidelines. Please note colour variance in the wood is not considered a manufacturing fault as it is a natural product.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE CARRIED OUT TO ENSURE THE BEST PERFORMANCE FROM YOUR DEANTA DOOR
- All doors must be examined immediately on receipt and prior to installation as claims or faults will not be accepted once the door has been installed or altered. This excludes manufacturing faults that occur after hanging. Scratches on glass are not considered a manufacturing fault. Scratches found should be reported on receipt and prior to installation.
- Doors must be stored horizontally on a clean, dry, flat and level surface.
- For doors to acclimatise, they should be left in the house prior to installation for at least seven days with the ambient temperature gradually increased over this period.
- Doors must not be fitted in a house that is freshly plastered and doors should only be delivered to site after all wet trades are finished and sufficiently dried. A moisture reading taken by an engineer must be recorded.
- Should a door require alteration, cutting or planing, it must be immediately revarnished to prevent moisture absorption which may lead to warping or splitting.
- Take no more than the recommended allowance off the width and height of doors in equal amounts on all edges. Please refer to https://deantawood.co.uk/products/ for further details on trimming allowances across our range of doors
- Three coats of internal wood finish are required on unfinished doors and on any modifications to a prefinished door including planed edges and the ironmongery and hinge cut-outs.
- To ensure the best finish on our White Primed doors, we would suggest using a fine sand paper to smooth any roughened surface/excess primer and then completing with one to two coats of your chosen finish. Remember to also treat any altered/trimmed areas too, sealing against any moisture.
- We recommend varnish and lacquers that are suitable for internal joinery. If using oils please contact Deanta for recommended brands
- All doors must be installed with three hinges per door.
- Ten-year warranty on hardware (handles and locks) refers to mechanical faults. General wear and tear from use is not covered by this warranty.
- Our veneers are manufactured from North American timber and as such will display natural variations in colour and grain patterns which may include small knots. Further details of our limited warranty can be found on our website along with our returns policy.*T&Cs applicable
* Warp/bow/cup/twist (as set out in the relevant British Standard) shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch (6.35mm) in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
UNDER OUR WARRANTY, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO REPLACING THE DOOR AND NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL COSTS. ALTERATION OF A DEANTA DOOR WILL VOID THE WARRANTY
All Deanta UK fire rated products must be used in accordance to the relevant fire certification. Any deviations outside of the scope of certification will invalidate any warranty and/or stated fire performance.
For more information on our warranty and for full terms and conditions please visit our website: https://deantawood.co.uk/terms-conditions/
We have stockists throughout the UK. To find your nearest retailer please visit our website: deantawood.co.uk/stockists