Timber is a natural product and is subject to humidity and temperature changes. Each door may have slightly different patterns of graining or colour variations. As the timber ages, these colour variations will subside.
– Doors must be examined immediately on receipt and prior to installation as claims or faults will not be accepted once the door has been removed from packaging.
– All doors must be measured individually when having glass fitted. Deanta doors are hand-assembled, and as such, we cannot guarantee each apeture is the exact same size. We recommend you use a qualified glass fitter.
– Doors must be stored horizontally on a clean, dry, flat and level surface.
– To allow your door to acclimatize, it should be left in the house prior to installation for at least 7 days with the ambient temperature gradually increased over this period.
– Should your door require alteration, cutting or planing, it must be immediately revarnished to prevent moisture absorption which may lead to warping or splitting.
– Take no more than 32mm off the width and height of your door in equal amounts on all edges.
– 3 coats of internal wood finish are required on unfinished doors and on any modifications to a prefinished door including the ironmongery and hinge cut-outs.
– Your door must not be fitted in a house that is freshly plastered and doors should only be delivered to site after all wet trades are finished.
– We recommend the use of 3 sets of hinges per door.
– We recommend only the use of products for sealing against moisture which are suitable for use on interior joinery doors.
View or download this guide in PDF format
Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.
Questions? We're here. Send us a message!